Superior Insulated Panels offer a range of Red Cedar insulated panels. These natural material cladding materials give you all the advantages of natural wood with effective cladding.
Red Cedar is an exceptional wood benefitting from a natural warm colouring and a grain texture that is uniform and ultra fine in appearance. Red Cedar is a durable, lightweight yet natural material. It lends itself perfectly to the creation of insulated panels.
All our Red Cedar insulated panels comprise responsibly sourced materials where trees are replanted for every red cedar tree that is harvested for use.
Advantages of Red Cedar Insulated Panels
- A natural beautiful wood
- Environmental and Sustainable wood that is responsibly sourced.
- Can be used to create fine external panelling
- Available at fast lead times and competitive prices.
Western Red Cedar (Thuja Plicata) is one of the most popular choices for external cladding due to its stability, natural resistance to moisture, decay and insect damage. It is one of the most lightweight yet stable softwoods available and has great thermal insulation properties. It is a highly attractive natural product which will change colour naturally with the weather – this is to aesthetic advantage as required by some architects, planners and clients. Western Red Cedar is very receptive to most oils and stains. Over time the timber will weather to an attractive silver grey colour if left untreated.
Where you can use Red Cedar Panels.
You can use our Red Cedar panels in all manner of residential or commercial projects as well as install it as a replacement cladding material or for new building applications. Typical uses include:
- Residential or commercial property looking for a traditional wood exterior.
- As an external material for barn conversations and renovations.
- Industrial units in rural areas.
- Garden offices and mobile homes.
- Conservation areas needing wood panels.
- Cladding over existing buildings.
- A great alternative to soffits and fascias.
Features of Red Cedar Panels.
Red Cedar Panels by Superior Insulated Panels offer some great benefits to your construction project.
- A natural material.
- Great weather, moisture and decay resistance.
- Stable and lightweight.
- Impressive thermal performance.
- Great shrinkage resistance for long building life.
- Naturally resistant to moisture and decay
As a natural material used for cladding and other panel requirements, Red Cedar Panels will change colour when installed in external applications. Like any material, its exposure to rain, sunlight, as well as airborne contaminants, will affect the level of colour change. Panels on exposed elevations will age and change colour faster than panels on sheltered elevations. You can choose to apply a wood stain or other protector to preserve the colour consistency. Red Cedar panels are not a maintenance-free product and routine inspection will be required together with any required maintenance.
Contact us for a quotation.
Contact us today with your sizes and project information and let us quote you for your quality-made Red Cedar panels.